Election Information/Informacion de Elecciones
Elections – Candidate Qualifications for City Council
- MUST be a citizen of the United States.
- MUST be at least 18 years old.
- MUST be a qualified voter of the City of Leon Valley.
- MUST NOT have been determined mentally incapacitated by a final judgment of a court.
- MUST NOT have been finally convicted of a felony (unless pardoned or otherwise released from the resulting disabilities).
- MUST have lived in Texas continuously for one year.
- MUST have lived in Leon Valley continuously for at least one year
The Leon Valley City Code of Ordinances, Chapter 1 “General Provisions”, Article 1.03 “Elections” states “An election shall be held as provided in state law each even-numbered year to elect a mayor and two councilmembers at large for the City Council, to wit: Council Place No. 2 and Council Place No. 4. An election shall be held as provided in state law each odd-numbered year to elect three councilmembers at large for the city council, to wit: Council Place No. 1, Council Place No. 3, and Council Place 5.”
Under Chapter 41 of the Texas Election Code, uniform election dates are specified. Except as otherwise provided, general or special elections in the State of Texas shall be held on either the first Saturday in May; or the first Tuesday after the first Monday in November.
The Office of the City Secretary is located at Leon Valley City Hall, 6400 El Verde Road, Leon Valley, Texas, 78238. Office Phone Number is: 210-684-1391, Ext. 216. Email is: email@example.com
Individuals interested in running for office in Leon Valley should contact the City Secretary to pick up a Candidate’s Packet.
For more information, please contact the Office of the City Secretary at (210) 684-1391 extension 216 or the Bexar County Elections Department at (210) 335-VOTE (8683).
Important Election Links:
A Guide to Becoming a City Official Visit Bexar County Website