Water Information

Water Rights Documentation
Water rights are often recorded on conveyance documents. Copies of deeds that contain a water rights addendum are forwarded by the county recorder to the Utah Division of Water Rights. The Division of Water Rights will contact the owner to let them know if the water has been changed into their name or if additional information is required by them to change the ownership of the water. 

Note: The Sevier County Recorder’s Office does not determine water ownership. 

For Additional Information
Please contact the Utah Division of Water Rights for water inquiries:
Utah Division of Water Rights
1594 W. North Temple
Suite 220
P.O. Box 146300
Salt Lake City, Utah 84114-6300
Ph: (801) 538-7240 - Ask for "public inquiry"