250 N. Main St.
Richfield, UT 84701
Ph: (435) 893-0434
Fx: (435) 896-8888
Monday - Friday
7:30 am - 5:00 pm
Our duty, as set forth by statute, requires the assessor to evaluate property, both real and personal, at its fair market value as an instrument for the purpose of taxation. Our objective is to efficiently conduct and complete our duties as fairly, accurately, and equitably as possible. Our priority to the taxpayer and the community must remain one of competent and courteous service and cooperation from our assessor’s staff.
The Assessor's Office is responsible for:
- Adhering to the Greenbelt Act (Utah Farmland Assessment Act)
- Evaluating equity in real property valuation
- Reviewing of Real Property Board of Equalization (BOE) appeals
- Valuation of personal property
- Valuation of real property
Note: The Assessor's Office is not responsible for taxes. The Assessor’s Office does not set tax rates. The various taxing entities within each tax district set the tax rate based on their annual budget. The sum of these rates is called the overall tax rate or mill levy.